1st MONDAY AFTERNOON GROUP
This support group has been discontinued.
1st MONDAY EVENING GROUP - YOUNG ONSET
This Support group is for people with Young Onset Parkinson’s disease. Participants should be in the early 50′s or younger. Family members, spouses welcome. Generally open sessions with an opportunity to socialize at the end of the meeting.
- Meets the first Monday of each month
- 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM
- Neurology Westfall Clinic, 919 Westfall Road, Bldg C, Suite 220, Rochester
- Facilitated by Courtney Bishop, University of Rochester.
1st TUESDAY EVENING GROUP
CARING AND SHARING ABOUT PARKINSON’S
The Caring and Sharing group focuses on issues related to the daily emotional and practical demands of Parkinson’s disease including family/care
partner issues. In addition, the group shares work related concerns including maintaining employment, dealing with disability processes and adjusting to retirement.
- Meets the first Tuesday of each month
- 6:00PM – 7:30PM
- Lifetime Care, 3111 Winton Road South (across from Valley Cadillac)
- Facilitated by Debra Fromm Faria LCSW, ACSW.
3rd SATURDAY LUNCH BUNCH GROUP
Join us for Lunch or Brunch at Bill Gray’s!
- Meets the third Saturday of each month
- 11:30 AM ‐ about 1:30 PM for lunch
- Bill Gray’s Penfield Restaurant
(Panorama Trail & Old Penfield Road, across from Walgreen’s drug store)
- Facilitated by Carol Look.
4th TUESDAY AFTERNOON WEST SIDE
- Meets the fourth Tuesday of each month
- 12 PM to 1 PM
- The Legacy Park Crescent, 1000 Park Circle
- (off Mt. Read Blvd just north of Stone Road)
- Facilitated by Kristin Heffernan, PhD.
LAST WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON FINGER LAKES
Each meeting features a guest speaker on a topic of interest followed by PD/non-‐PD discussion groups.
- Meets the last Wednesday of each month
- 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- First Congregational Church of Canandaigua
- 58 North Main Street, Canandaigua NY. Enter the Church through the rear door and follow the “Parkinson Support Group” signs
- Facilitated by John Paul.
CARE GIVERS & CARE PARTNERS GROUP
- Meets 2nd Saturday of each month.
- Lunch Time
- Fairport Baptist Home
- (4646 Nine Mile Point Rd ‐ Route 250 just north of the village of Fairport). Follow the signs inside the Fairport Baptist Home or ask the Receptions for directions to the meeting room
- Hosted by Carol Look.