NPF Greater Rochester
The National Parkinson Foundation Greater Rochester is a local group that supports people with Parkinson’s disease and their caregivers. It sponsors and assists with programs that encourage people to become actively involved in the Parkinson’s community. NPFGR’s education efforts include regular lectures about how to best cope with the affliction, exercise classes, dancing, and mentoring. The group was formerly known as the Parkinson Support Group of Upstate New York. Read more about our Chapter
- Monday Young Onset; 6 PM, February 1st
- 1st Tuesday support group at Lifetime Care at Bill Grays 1225 Jefferson Rd in Henrietta at 6PM, February 2nd
- Parkinson’s Cafe at Lifetime Care, Wednesday, February 3rd 10AM, click here for more details. Please bring a lunch *Reminder for this months cafe for all PWP to bring an object representative of their life or pleasant memories before they were diagnosed with PD*
- Recently Diagnosed Support Group February 4th 6-7:30 at the Brickstone at St. John’s 1325 Elmwood Ave, Please park at the far end of the lot near the apartments and enter through the glass link building. The concierge can direct you to the community room. Click Here for more details.
- Westside Support, February 9th at the Westside YMCA from 1-2:30pm
- Caregivers lunch meeting,Caregivers Only lunch meeting 2nd Saturday,at Brickstone, February 13th 1325 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester.– Please park at the far end of the lot near the apartments and enter through the glass link building. The concierge can direct you to the community room. Meeting starts at 11:30am and we will provide lunch this month.
- Cafe at the Highlands, 3rd Thursday at The Highlands at Pittsford, February 18th 10AM, click here for more information. Please bring a lunch
- Lunch Bunch at Bill Gray’s Penfield, 11:30 AM, 3rd Saturday, February 20th
- Parkinsons Support Group of the Finger Lakes Last Wednesday, 1PM Wednesday February 24th
- Twin Tier Support Group at the Big Flats Community Center, 4th Friday at 2PM, click here for more details February 26th